- When you agree to become a member of our KTDT Digital Radio Playwright Group,
- you submit your work to constructive criticism,
- believe in my playwright rule, "writing is re-writing",
- make a commitment to adhere to the concept of playwright and actor collaboration, and
- dedicate quality time to the art of playwriting to write a credible radio play.
- When your Radio Play is ready, it will be produced on our KTDT Digital Radio Stage.
- Your Radio Production will then be streamed on our KTDT Digital Radio Blog Site:
KTDT DR, Victorian Thistle Dew, Tom's Plays: in Print, eBooks & AudioPlayBooks, & KWOS:
- Thistle Dew's Blog Sites:
- The Complete Works of Thomas M. Kelly
- Writing for Radio Production
- Super Political Action Comedy
- Word On The Street
- Seamus O'Shea of County Kerry
- Seamus O'Shea's Word on the Street, a Political Blog
- Thistle Dew Voice Over Theatre
- KTDT: Thistle Dew Digital Radio Theatre
- Young Playwrights Theatre
- KIDS Digital Radio Theatre
- The 1894 Victorian: The Thistle Dew
- Throwing Diamonds to the Birds
- Frankie and Johnny Were Schweethawts
- Waiting for Mahmoud
- Ole Gimlet Eye...War is a Racket
- On the Line, A Play Noir
- Zen and the Art of Making Par
- Faith and Country: A Delicate Balance
- The Butterfly Within
- "...smile, and smile, and be a villain."
- Extreme Unction
- The Timekeeper
- BA-BANG! BA-BANG!
- Playwright Workshop
- Intruder in the Hayloft
- Wake Up Jay! It's Christmas!
- Blog On!
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
The Unique & Always Innovative
Thistle Dew Theatre &
KTDT Digital Radio
1901 P Street, Downtown Sacramento
------------Item One: "Opportunity of a Lifetime"---------------
Listen! Let us rule your imaginations with the original play...
"Opportunity of a Lifetime"
by Jeanne Beckwith
KTDT DRama-dy & the KTDT Players
Remaining performances are January 24th and 25th.
Tickets are $10.00ea. including your choice of luscious desserts, coffee and or tea. Yes!
Tickets by Reservation Only
-------------------Item Two: Radio Playwright Class-------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen! You can "Return with us now... to those thrilling days of yesteryear when imagination ruled the airwaves and the family gathered in the living room to listen to the drama, the comedy, the talent of Major Bowes Amateur Hour, the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre, The Green Hornet, The Lone Ranger, The Jack Benny Show, et cetera," and now,... KTDT Digital Radio.
Now your friends and family could be listening to your radio drama or comedy.
Yes! If you would like to write for radio, join our Saturday morning KTDT Radio Playwright Group. The cost is $10.00 per each Saturday three hour session.
Writing for theatre "is cheap therapy!".*
* Charlie Holliday, Mosaic Acting Academy & Media Casting Group
Attendance for the Saturday morning sessions are small, maximum six members to allow the writers to focus on the practical aspects of dramatic and comedic writing.
KTDT Digital Radio produces only original scripts. If you have a script ready for reading and critique, please submit it to Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mission: How do words on the page become a living, breathing theatrical experience? The goal of the Radio Playwright Group is to crack open the germ of the writer's words and to dissect it: tear it apart. One of the best ways to investigate, discover, and analyze text is the dramatist/director's table talk session held prior to a good play's rehearsals. By taking the text into their hands, actors explore the elements of the writer's drama to discover characters, conflicts, chaos and confusions.
Borrowing this technique through readings and critique we will explore your work and challenge you to find a closer, more integrated and lively relationship to your narrative and dialogue.
As a writer, you will discover how your writing is best able to convey action, character essence, concept gist and conflict. At the end of your encounter with this analytic process, as you are now a writer of vocal action, you will have created your own original writings, impulses, inspirations, dreams and visions.
Do you have a story to tell? "Return with us now... " Please email me at email@example.com for your reservation for a seat at the KTDT Radio Playwright Group table.
--- Item Three: The KTDT Radio Players ---
We are a radio/stage group that produces not only original plays but we have the blessing of not having the burden of memorizing lines or stage blocking, because we are a Radio Stage: we read the Radio Plays from hand carried scripts. If you are good at interpretive reading, enjoy good story telling and great fun, come join our group. If you want to find new and interesting friends, who are supportive of you in your efforts to diversify your existence, enhance your life, show off to friends and family, et cetera... come join our radio players and be a part of our radio.
(Yes, our radio, a real life-size radio!)
It's fun, rewarding, educational and life enhancing.
Come... gather your friends and family to listen and watch while you rule their imaginations with your talents by reading original plays for KTDT Digital Radio.
If you are curious as to what we do and how we operate so casually, stop by any Monday or Thursday evening at 7:00 or Saturday afternoon from 1 - 4.
And maybe even start writing a Radio Play while you're here!
"Hi, yo, Silver. Away!"